Thursday 19 July 2012

Wouldn't it be nice...if we could all be as kind as my bestie!

This post comes from a very personal place for me and it is entirely based on my admiration for my best friend (as if the title wasn't clear enough!) The reason I am extra specially proud of her is because she is just coming to the end of her final placement as a student nurse and soon it'll be her full time job. Since she began her degree I have truly been in awe of her for taking on the job and training to be a nurse. Belive me it is something I could never do! I have quite a few friends who are going into different branches and areas of medicine and I really am so proud of all of them but I met this particular girl on the first day of senior school when we sat next to each other in class and we have been best friends ever since so my pride is particularly great for her.

I don't think she realises how proud of her I am even though I tell her everytime I see her, so I thought I would write it down and publish it on the internet so perhaps she would finally realise how extremly proud of her I am! So Alice this is directed just to you:

You are the kindest, sweetest person I know who accepts everyone for who they are and strives to help and care for everyone as best as you can. I really am truly so in awe of your chosen career path and I can't think of anyone who would make a better nurse than you. I know it's tough and it might get tougher but you are so much stronger than you think you are and you know I will always be here for you. And if you ever have a bad day just think of the fat pigeons and it'll make you smile.

If there is anyone else out there who is currently training to be a doctor or nurse or anything like that give yourself a massive pat on the back because it really is impressive (to me at least!) This has basically turned into an ode to Alice so I apologise and I will stop now, but I had to impress this upon her and felt this was the best way to do it!

Bye for now :)
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment